Twitter on Tuesday began weaving live Periscope video broadcasts into timelines streamed to its application tailored for Apple mobile devices.
“Go LIVE and broadcast straight into Twitter!” the one-to-many messaging service’s chief and co-founder Jack Dorsey proclaimed in a tweet fired off at @Jack.
“Huge new distribution for Periscopers around the world!”
Twitter early last year bought the maker of the video streaming app Periscope amid surging interest in live video sharing.
The mobile application lets people use smartphone cameras and microphones to live-stream what is happening around them, complete with commentary.
The rollout to Apple devices that commenced on Tuesday marked the first merging of Periscope with Twitter, and came with a promise that the live-streaming feature was heading for mobile devices powered by Google-backed Android software.
“Both Twitter and Periscope show you what’s going on in the world, right now – whether that’s outside your window or across the globe,” Periscope chief and co-founder Kayvon Beykpour said in a blog post.
“Today, we’re making it easier to see what’s happening by bringing Periscope broadcasts – both live and replay – directly to tweets.”
More than 100 million Periscope broadcasts have been created since the service launched last year, according to Beykpour.
Periscope broadcasts will automatically begin playing in people’s Twitter timelines on Apple devices, and go full screen if tapped upon, according to the company.
Previously, one needed to tap a link to open a separate Periscope application on a smartphone.
Other Great Posts
- BlackBerry’s chat service BBM coming to Android, iPhone by this week
- 70 million Android tablets activated during last year, 1 million apps on Play Store
- 10 apps to cut down your phone bill
- Can Microsoft Edge be the Perfect Teacher’s Aide
- 10 new features in Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS
- VIDEO: World’s scariest interview? LG ‘plays cruel prank on job applicants’
- Xbox One: All You Need to Know About Microsoft’s New Console
- Apple Touch ID fingerprint tech ‘broken’, hackers say
- Unresolved Issues Using Touch ID with iOS 9.1
- Sony Xperia Z Ultra: First impressions
- Microsoft to acquire Nokia’s device business for $7.2 billion
- Intel shows how this button-sized chip could revolutionise live sports
- iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C names ‘confirmed’, next generation iPhone to have fingerprint reader, Gold colour variant
- Google Maps Upgrade Will Enable You Get Directions When You’re Offline
- Facebook Stops the Mention of a website on its Platform
- Nissan Automated Cars Series
- N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine – MTN
- Best Intel Haswell laptops, Ultrabooks, MacBooks and a host of others
- FIXING IMMUNIZATION IN AFRICA
- The Most Dreaded Android Malware Ever Liveth
- THE SOCIAL MEDIA JURY MASTERCLASS AT LAGOS CREATIVE INDUSTRY FAIR
- FLASH NEWS BLOG WEEKLY FEATURE: Photography Takes The Big Picture [SPEC President]
- Get Free 5GB On Your Mtn Sims..
- Mr. 2kay Breaks Twitter Record In Nigerian Entertainment Industry
- MAKING A DIFFERENCE
- These Are All Worthy Of Instagram
- VIDEO: Airwoman tasered in training grabs colleague’s crotch as she writhes in pain
- Seven YR Old girl steals mobile phone out of a woman’s handbag under the approving eye of her mother
- Uniben Students Remake of Godwin [VIRAL VIDEO]
- FNB Video of the Week (ITS A MASH UP)
- Davido’s Ex-girlfriend Faith Nketsi Shares VIDEO Of A D**k Hitting Her Face On Instagram By Mistake (Who’s D is That)
- Chrissy Teigen Gets Completely Naked With John Legend in “All of Me” Music Video Shoot
- Video: Burna Boy – Wombolombo
- The Cheap Lies Naija Big Girls Tell [VIDEO]
- How to Disassemble/Tear/Destroy your Blackberry Z10 + Video
- Singer Who Wears Snakes During Live Performances Gets Bitten And Dies On Stage
- SouljaBoy Apologises To Chris Brown For Feud
- MOYES WILL FAIL IF..
- Sylvester Stallone Set To Sell California Mansion Lower Than He Bought It
- Manchester United & Everton agree £24m Fellaini fee