An Akure Chief Magistrates’ Court on Monday sentenced a security guard, Onoja Abel, to five years imprisonment for raping a nine-year-old girl.
The Chief Magistrate, Mrs Victoria Bob-Manuel, sentenced the convict, after he pleaded guilty of rape and assault.
“Having admitted and found guilty of two offences, the accused is hereby sentenced to five years imprisonment for unlawful carnal knowledge of the girl.
“And two years imprisonment for indecent assault without an option of fine, with hard labour and to run concurrently,” Bob-Manuel said.
Earlier, the prosecutor, ASP. Isah Atanegbe said that the convict had unlawful carnal knowledge of a minor girl without her consent.
Atanegbe further told the court that Abel lured the girl into his room and raped her three times, between September and October 2015.
He said that the accused committed the crime at about 6.00 p.m. at Toyosi Pure Water Compound of High School Area, Akure.
Prosecutor said that the offences contravened Sections 218 and 360 of the Criminal Laws, Cap 37 Volume 1 of Ondo State, Nigeria, 2006.
The accused had pleaded guilty to the two-count charge of rape and assault, saying, “I only slept with the girl once in the month of September and twice in the month of October.
“I regretted my action because I have a child of 10 years, my second child,’’ Onoja told the court
Other Great Posts
- Former Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Agagu Is Dead
- How pastor deceived and raped 12-year-old girl through the night (PHOTO)
- 23-yr-old cyber crime suspect arrested
- Robbers kill AAUA student
- Canada Condemns Yobe College Attack
- $15m bribe money: Ibori, Ribadu trade tackles in London court
- Photos: Girl Stripped Naked By Men For Cutting Her Friend’s Face With Razor Blade
- UNILAG Big Girl Kidnapped, Raped By 3 Friends
- How I Was Raped by my Father and his friends In the name of ‘Jihad’ – Teenage Girl
- My Séxual Escapes With Men ––Lagos Girl Shares Dirty Secret
- Al-Qaeda Suspect Pleads Not Guilty In U.S. Court
- My Kidnappers Gave Me N200, Nigeria Police Didn’t Rescue Me ––Bishop Kattey
- French Hostage Asks FG, French Govt To Help Secure His Release
- 3 Boys Caught Trying To Escape From Nigeria
- Nigeria: Militants Kill Students in College Attack
- NUT to shut down primary, sec. schools nationwide over ASUU strike, gives two weeks ultimatum
- Seven YR Old girl steals mobile phone out of a woman’s handbag under the approving eye of her mother
- Gov Oshiomhole: Court Orders Magazine To Pay Gov N25m Over False Story
- Demeaning Viral Video Showing Young Children Dancing Provocatively In Their School Uniforms
- Prof Wole Soyinka Escapes Death In Kenya
- Mary J Blige arrives Lagos for ‘Sisters with Soul’ concert
- Private jet owners to pay $4,000 luxury tax per trip
- Extortion by Men of The Nigeria Police Again Caught on Camera ( Video )
- VIDEO: Watch Kunle Afolayan’s ‘October 1′ movie trailer
- EFCC Nabs Undergraduates, Others Over N2bn Bank Fraud
- Ibinabo Fiberesima Thanks God That She Was Granted Bail, See What She Posted On Instagram
- Taraba: My deputy betrayed me, says Suntai
- 7 beheaded on Maiduguri/Damaturu road
- VIDEOS: President Jonathan’s Media Chat on September 29, 2013
- Abuja killing: SSS parades suspected Boko Haram member
- Osun begins 4-5-3 educational system tomorrow
- UK court shown clips of Governor Ibori’s opulent palace
- Ex-Liberian President Charles Taylor Loses Appeal
- Photos From The Opening Of Intercontinental Hotel In Lagos
- The Dirty Details of Monalisa Chinda and Nzeribe’s Failed Affair
- O.C Ukeje, Gabriel Afolayan, Funke Akindele, Imeh Bishop Udoh lead nominees for Nollywood Movie Awards
- See Photos Of Man Who Poses as a Woman to Scam People Online [SHOCKING DETAILS + PHOTO]
- FG Denies Importing 53 Gold-Plated iPhones
- Human Trafficking Victim Confesses She Aborted 320 Pregnancies
- Police Arrest Burglar Who Operates Both In Nigeria And Ghana