AS pupils of public schools in Osun State warm up for resumption on Wednesday, arrangements have been perfected by the state government to ensure successful take off of the new 4-5-3 educational system, which has culminated in the merger or re-classification of schools.
Nigerian Tribune investigation indicated that some of the newly built model schools are ready for use by the pupils, while others are still under construction.
Checks at the newly built Salvation Middle School, Alekuwodo, Osogbo, on Monday revealed that officials of the state Ministry of Education were busy inspecting the premises ahead of the commissioning ceremony of the structure on Wednesday.
At Ode Omu Elementary Model School, construction works have already been completed, just as some labourers were spotted clearing the weeds around the school as part of the preparations for resumption for the 2013/2014 academic calendar.
When our correspondent visited another elementary school, situated at Oke Baale, in Osogbo, construction works were still on-going, an indication that academic activities in that school may not be feasible when pupils resume tomorrow.
Similarly, construction works have not started at all at the premises of Osogbo Grammar School, where the state government planned to build another model school, which would accommodate pupils of different schools merged as a result of re-classification of schools.
Commenting on the preparedness of the state government over the new educational policy, yesterday, the Chief Press Secretary (CPS) to the Deputy Governor, Mr Tope Ademakinwa said 15 middle schools and 13 elementary schools have so far been completed by the government.
He assured that adequate arrangements have been made to pave way for the efficient take off of the new educational policy and resumption of pupils in public schools.
Other Great Posts
- NUT to shut down primary, sec. schools nationwide over ASUU strike, gives two weeks ultimatum
- Private varsities VCs ask NANS to mediate between FG/ASUU
- Atiku, Farida Waziri blast Obasanjo on corruption comments
- Why FG want ASUU strike to continue By Theophilus Ilevbare
- Extortion by Men of The Nigeria Police Again Caught on Camera ( Video )
- President Goodluck awards Okagbare, coach N6.5m
- 46 year-old Nigerian accountant murdered in her Essex home
- Truck crushes 12 in Ogun
- Boko Haram leader, Shekau, resurfaces, mocks Nigerian Army-(VIDEO)
- Ex-Liberian President Charles Taylor Loses Appeal
- B’Haram linked to group behind Kenya mall attack • US report says Nigerian sect may have anti-aircraft missiles
- Okupe Assures Of Uninterrupted Power Supply Before Year End
- Jonathan Govt Orders 53 Gold-Plated iPhone For 53rd Independence Anniversary
- 23-yr-old cyber crime suspect arrested
- American jihadi rapper who fled to Canada reported killed in Somalia
- ASUU STRIKE: FG And ASUU Begins Fresh Dialogue
- JTF kills 20 Boko Haram militants
- “We need men in our lives”: 8,000 women seek husbands in Zamfara
- EFCC Nabs Undergraduates, Others Over N2bn Bank Fraud
- Former Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Agagu Is Dead
- Nigeria: Militants Kill Students in College Attack
- No end in sight: The strike is far from over – ASUU
- JONATHAN SACKS 9 MINISTERS •Ashiru, Rufa’i, Obada affected •Some board members also to go •Maku, Wike to oversee Defence, Education
- $15m bribe money: Ibori, Ribadu trade tackles in London court
- FG Denies Importing 53 Gold-Plated iPhones
- French Hostage Asks FG, French Govt To Help Secure His Release
- 7 beheaded on Maiduguri/Damaturu road
- Nigeria Borrows N600 Billion Monthly to Augment Salaries – FG
- FG To Handover PHCN To Successor Companies 30th September
- Resident doctors declare nationwide strike
- FG Inaugurates Presidential Committee On Reconstruction Of Boards & Parastatals
- El-Zakzaky not in our custody, says Kaduna Prisons
- Saraki Continued To Earn Salary As Governor 4 Years After Leaving Office – Witness [SHOCKING DETAILS]
- Abuja killing: SSS parades suspected Boko Haram member
- Taraba: My deputy betrayed me, says Suntai
- PDP CRISIS: REPS EXCHANGE BLOWS-(MUST READ)
- VIDEOS: President Jonathan’s Media Chat on September 29, 2013
- Al-Qaeda Suspect Pleads Not Guilty In U.S. Court
- Winners Chapel Members Beating Up Public Officials [VIDEO]
- Fayose Benefited From Arms Cash – APC Ekiti Chapter