Nigerians did not elect us to give them excuses, Lai Mohammed the Federal Minister of Information has said.
The minister who spoke in Yola yesterday, while in Adamawa as part of the presidential entourage led by the Vice President Prof. Yemi Osibanjo, attending the wedding of the son of the Adamawa state Governor Sen. Mohammed Jibrilla Bindow also reiterated that the fuel crisis would soon be over.
” Yes, we appreciate the feelings of Nigerians. We also go through it, because we are not immune to it. As a responsible government. A government that was propelled to power by the votes of the people we cannot give excuses but empathise with them. And this government is working 24 hours to ensure that this problem is resolved,” Mohammed said.
The minister who pointed out that Nigerians, did not elect them to give them excuses however noted that the All Progressive Congress led administration as a responsible government was doing everything to ease the current suffering resulting from fuel scarcity.
He said the federal government is working to ensure that in two weeks time the commodity is made available in all parts of the country and alleviate the sufferings of Nigerians.
According to him, the government had already taken some steps in that direction, he said, ” some short term, some medium term and some longer term. Because the question will be what are we doing to alleviate this problem because that is what concern Nigerians.”
Some of the measures he highlighted include the government’s appeal to oil majors to make forex available to their companies operating in the downstream sector of the oil industry, adding that the difficulties encountered in getting foreign exchange was partly to blame for the fuel crisis.
Lai who noted that other measures taken by the government is to open up the sector for smaller modular oil farms to be set up however stressed that the government was is not unaware that the ultimate is for the country to be self sufficient in the production of the commodity.
He added that once the government gets this done it would solve the problem of the fuel crisis and thus alleviate the sufferings being faced by the people.
Other Great Posts
- Why FG want ASUU strike to continue By Theophilus Ilevbare
- NUT to shut down primary, sec. schools nationwide over ASUU strike, gives two weeks ultimatum
- Okupe Assures Of Uninterrupted Power Supply Before Year End
- Private varsities VCs ask NANS to mediate between FG/ASUU
- Atiku, Farida Waziri blast Obasanjo on corruption comments
- American jihadi rapper who fled to Canada reported killed in Somalia
- Jonathan Govt Orders 53 Gold-Plated iPhone For 53rd Independence Anniversary
- JTF kills 20 Boko Haram militants
- Boko Haram leader, Shekau, resurfaces, mocks Nigerian Army-(VIDEO)
- Extortion by Men of The Nigeria Police Again Caught on Camera ( Video )
- 46 year-old Nigerian accountant murdered in her Essex home
- Ex-Liberian President Charles Taylor Loses Appeal
- B’Haram linked to group behind Kenya mall attack • US report says Nigerian sect may have anti-aircraft missiles
- President Goodluck awards Okagbare, coach N6.5m
- Fayose Benefited From Arms Cash – APC Ekiti Chapter
- ASUU strike: Union warns Maku to stop making unguarded comments
- Truck crushes 12 in Ogun
- NNPC gets fresh deadline on presidential approval
- No end in sight: The strike is far from over – ASUU
- Al-Qaeda Suspect Pleads Not Guilty In U.S. Court
- FG To Handover PHCN To Successor Companies 30th September
- US begins government shutdown
- Dutch Seven Others to Testify Against Nnamdi Kanu [BIAFRA]
- Buhari Allots Portfolio To Confirmed Federal Ministers (See Full List)
- 7 beheaded on Maiduguri/Damaturu road
- No Going Back On Subsidy Removal – FG
- FG Denies Importing 53 Gold-Plated iPhones
- Ozekhome’s familiy cry out at kidnappers demand of N100m ransom
- Fraudsters using my name to defraud Nigerians on Facebook — Head of Service
- Ex-minister Godsday Orubebe Famous for Interrupting 2015 Election To Face Trial For Corruption
- Saraki Continued To Earn Salary As Governor 4 Years After Leaving Office – Witness [SHOCKING DETAILS]
- FG Inaugurates Presidential Committee On Reconstruction Of Boards & Parastatals
- Nigeria Borrows N600 Billion Monthly to Augment Salaries – FG
- Resident doctors declare nationwide strike
- ASUU STRIKE: FG And ASUU Begins Fresh Dialogue
- JONATHAN SACKS 9 MINISTERS •Ashiru, Rufa’i, Obada affected •Some board members also to go •Maku, Wike to oversee Defence, Education
- 2016 Budget Crisis Confirms My Position That Buhari Is Clueless, Incompetent – Fayose
- I Use 5, Not 6 Vehicles In My Convoy – Lai Muhammed
- Sunday Dare: The house of the PDP has fallen, let another take its place
- El-Zakzaky not in our custody, says Kaduna Prisons