The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ekiti State has challenged Governor Ayo Fayose to say how much he got from the N1.4 billion allegedly collected from the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) by a former minister for the June 21, 2014 governorship poll.
The APC claimed that part of the slush funds was used to rig the election in Fayose’s favour.
In a statement yesterday by its Publicity Secretary, Taiwo Olatunbosun, the party said: “We are aware that Fayose at that time acquired a N750 million building in a choice area of Abuja from the proceeds of this fund.
“We are equally aware that Fayose submitted a bill of N30 billion to former President Goodluck Jonathan as the amount required to unseat former Governor Kayode Fayemi.
“A certain amount was approved for the project out of which soldiers, who were used to rig the election, were paid as well as electoral officials who released the soft copies of sensitive materials to Fayose.
“It was when a newspaper reported that N1.4billion was traced to a former minister to rig Ekiti and Osun elections, it was at the same time the said ex-minister ‘sneaked’ out of the country for ‘further education.’ Governor Fayose also travelled out about the same time.
“We are demanding that the governor should tell Ekiti people how much he received from the Armsgate money and the property he acquired with the fund.
We also call on the EFCC to beam its searchlight on Fayose to know how much is traceable to him and the governor of a neighbouring state who coordinated the disbursements of the funds.”
The APC spokesman said the party was aware that the governor had become paranoid and jittery since the newspaper reported the amount traced to the former minister.
He added that all those who shared the arms money should be investigated and prosecuted.
Fayose has called on the international community to focus attention on human rights abuses and contempt for the rule of law in Nigeria.
In a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, the governor said he was aware of the plot to muzzle him and others considered as non-conformists because of their opinion and critical stance on the President and his government.
“Such plot will definitely be counterproductive.”
Other Great Posts
- 2016 Budget Crisis Confirms My Position That Buhari Is Clueless, Incompetent – Fayose
- Dasuki Begs President Buhari [MUST READ]
- I won’t return N100m I collected from Anenih – Falae
- We cannot give excuses for fuel scarcity − Lai Mohammed
- VIDEOS: President Jonathan’s Media Chat on September 29, 2013
- 23-yr-old cyber crime suspect arrested
- JONATHAN SACKS 9 MINISTERS •Ashiru, Rufa’i, Obada affected •Some board members also to go •Maku, Wike to oversee Defence, Education
- Okupe Assures Of Uninterrupted Power Supply Before Year End
- INEC Collation Officer For Port Harcourt LGA Caught With Amaechi, Fake Result Sheets (PHOTOS)
- NUT to shut down primary, sec. schools nationwide over ASUU strike, gives two weeks ultimatum
- Lawyers differ as DSS re-arrests Dasuki at prison gate
- ASUU STRIKE: FG And ASUU Begins Fresh Dialogue
- Ozekhome’s familiy cry out at kidnappers demand of N100m ransom
- NNPC gets fresh deadline on presidential approval
- 7 beheaded on Maiduguri/Damaturu road
- FG Denies Importing 53 Gold-Plated iPhones
- Abuja killing: SSS parades suspected Boko Haram member
- How My Fight Against Subsidy Fraud Led To The Kidnap Of My Mother – Okonjo-iweala
- Nnamdi Kanu Apologises To President Buhari
- President Goodluck awards Okagbare, coach N6.5m
- Sunday Dare: The house of the PDP has fallen, let another take its place
- Confusion As Buhari Allegedly Withdraws 2016 Budget From Senate Secretly (DETAILS)
- Senate to Buhari: Sign 2016 Budget as passed
- Osun begins 4-5-3 educational system tomorrow
- Nigeria Borrows N600 Billion Monthly to Augment Salaries – FG
- Why Jonathan fired Emordi, Olagunju
- Saraki Personally Submits Names of Ministers to Buhari
- Saraki Continued To Earn Salary As Governor 4 Years After Leaving Office – Witness [SHOCKING DETAILS]
- Taraba: My deputy betrayed me, says Suntai
- Former Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Agagu Is Dead
- No end in sight: The strike is far from over – ASUU
- FG To Handover PHCN To Successor Companies 30th September
- Resident doctors declare nationwide strike
- French Hostage Asks FG, French Govt To Help Secure His Release
- US begins government shutdown
- Al-Qaeda Suspect Pleads Not Guilty In U.S. Court
- $15m bribe money: Ibori, Ribadu trade tackles in London court
- Naira Plunges to 300 Against Dollar
- Atiku, Farida Waziri blast Obasanjo on corruption comments
- Gov Suntai declares self fit to resume work, writes Taraba Assembly