The acting Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Ekanem Oyo-Ita, has alerted Nigerians of a Facebook account, opened in her name, and allegedly used to defraud Nigerians seeking employment.
In a statement, the deputy director media relations, Mohammed Manga, said the account neither belongs to the service nor its acting head, Ms. Oyo-Ita.
“The attention of the Office of the Head of Civil Service has been drawn to the false face book account created in its name and that of the Acting Head of the Federal Civil Service of the Federation, Mrs. Winifred Ekanem Oyo- Ita
,” the statement said.
“The false account purportedly carried advertisements for vacancies in the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation.”
He warned Nigerians to desist from using the Facebook account, describing it as dubious.
“The Account is a scam created by fraudsters aimed at misleading and duping innocent job seeking public”.
“The Acting Head of the Civil Service has no such account, more so the office of the Head of service does not advertise vacancies for employment in the offices as dubiously stated in the page”.
“The public is therefore warned to disregard the face book account and any information it may carry”, the statement read.
Mr. Manga said his principal wished to disassociate herself form the Facebook account. He said anyone who engages in any form of transaction with any person on the account does so at his or her own risk.
“The public should be cautious of such dubious and fraudulent characters,” the statement said.
Other Great Posts
- No Going Back On Subsidy Removal – FG
- Ex-Liberian President Charles Taylor Loses Appeal
- FG Inaugurates Presidential Committee On Reconstruction Of Boards & Parastatals
- Why FG want ASUU strike to continue By Theophilus Ilevbare
- B’Haram linked to group behind Kenya mall attack • US report says Nigerian sect may have anti-aircraft missiles
- Atiku, Farida Waziri blast Obasanjo on corruption comments
- American jihadi rapper who fled to Canada reported killed in Somalia
- Naira Plunges to 300 Against Dollar
- NUT to shut down primary, sec. schools nationwide over ASUU strike, gives two weeks ultimatum
- President Goodluck awards Okagbare, coach N6.5m
- Extortion by Men of The Nigeria Police Again Caught on Camera ( Video )
- Private varsities VCs ask NANS to mediate between FG/ASUU
- 46 year-old Nigerian accountant murdered in her Essex home
- Boko Haram leader, Shekau, resurfaces, mocks Nigerian Army-(VIDEO)
- Jonathan Govt Orders 53 Gold-Plated iPhone For 53rd Independence Anniversary
- Okupe Assures Of Uninterrupted Power Supply Before Year End
- Truck crushes 12 in Ogun
- JTF kills 20 Boko Haram militants
- President Buhari Will Hold First Media Chat
- Nigerian medic designs novel ventilator
- Nigerians WAKE UP! There Is A GENOCIDE Going On In The Middle Belt [MUST READ]
- The 24 Mine Resistant Vehicles donated by the US to the Nigerian Army
- Nigerian Internet Scammers Jailed In London For N460 Million Scam [PHOTO]
- Al-Qaeda Suspect Pleads Not Guilty In U.S. Court
- Doctors treat Nigerian children of world’s worst case of lead poisoning after 2-year delay
- We cannot give excuses for fuel scarcity − Lai Mohammed
- ADVENTURES OF OVIE EPISODE 1
- Nnamdi Kanu’s Wife Delivers Bouncing Baby Boy
- FG Denies Importing 53 Gold-Plated iPhones
- Dutch Seven Others to Testify Against Nnamdi Kanu [BIAFRA]
- Lawyers differ as DSS re-arrests Dasuki at prison gate
- Looking for the Best Primary and High Schools in Nigeria !!!!! StudyinNigeria.com
- VIDEOS: President Jonathan’s Media Chat on September 29, 2013
- BBC to Launch Pidgin English and Yoruba Services in Nigeria
- JONATHAN SACKS 9 MINISTERS •Ashiru, Rufa’i, Obada affected •Some board members also to go •Maku, Wike to oversee Defence, Education
- Desperate Politicians Want To Bring Me Down – Saraki
- Sunday Dare: The house of the PDP has fallen, let another take its place
- NNPC gets fresh deadline on presidential approval
- Turkey Downs Russian Military Aircraft Near Syria’s Border
- Ex-minister Godsday Orubebe Famous for Interrupting 2015 Election To Face Trial For Corruption